Sunday, October 19, 2008

Berlin!

Alirhgty...We're in Berlin. Our Rail passes have expired so our country jumping has slowed down significantly. So far we haven't done anything too exciting here. The first night we pretty much showered and went straight to bed because the train ride the night before was killer. Then the next day we met up with Tor (our kiwi friend that we met in köln and then hung out with again in Amsterdam) and he showed us part of the Berlin wall and then we walked around, went back to his hostel and tried Berliner (beer of course). We played ping pong and darts and hung out with smoe other people at his hostel. Yesterday we had high hopes of pub crawling but everything was conspiring against us. OK, that's not entirely true. We were lazy in the morning. This was mainly my fault because I didn't sleep well since my cough got worse and throat has been sore due to that. We got a late start going out and then went shopping. Nancy got a new coat and scarf and I got some sweet boots. I was feeling really defeated though because I have monster siyed feet and so its difficult to find shoes in my size, let alone cheap and attractive ones. Anyway, by the time we got ready, got lost twice and then got to Tor's, we were too late for the püub crawl so we drank and watched German TV there. Good stuff. Today we're going to go look around and give that pub crawl another go. Hopefully it works out.

I got to use a hairdryer today sdo it should be a good day!

No comments: