Thursday, September 4, 2008

One Last time in the US

Since getting back from DC, we haven't done too much but it has been nice. Yesterday we went to Gillette Castle. Its a place in Hadlyme, CT where the guy that played Sherlock Holmes in all the stage productions through the 20s lived. It was a sweet castle...Not nearly as big as hearst castle, but it had an awesome view and looked more like some of the stone ones I'm hoping to see in Europe.

Today, we didn't do a whole lot of anything during the day. We went to WalMart and the Grocery store to get the treats for Duncan and Stevie. We also FINALLY got Quiznos. Tonight we went to see A Midsummer Night's Dream in Hartford. It was a fun production of it. One of the fairies creeped me out but they put a 1950s twist on it with the costumes and the actors were great. It was fun. Now, we're just doing laundry and preparing for leaving tomorrow. We are leaving the house early tomorrow even though our flight isn't until 6. We have to get to the Limo place by 11 to that the limo to JFK which could take up to 3 hours. Then we have to check in and such. Our flight leaves at 6:15pm Friday (Eastern Time) and arrives in London at Heathrow at 6am (London time). We are planning on taking our time getting to the tube (the subway system in London) and then going to Duncan's house. We willl be in London until early Tuesday morning when we fly to Dublin. The on The 11th we fly to Glasgow.

I don't know when I will get another post in, but we'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now the adventure really begins! As I said before Be Safe, Be Smart and most of all have the time of your life!!!!!!!
I love you! (Nancy too)
Mom :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and I really hope we get to see (read) some of your international adventures!

Unknown said...

It was such a pleasure having you stop and visit with me before heading abroad. (I miss you and Nancy already.) I really enjoyed exploring New England with both of you. Thank you for letting me tag along. I hope you got to see everything you wanted to.

Remember you are always welcomed in my home. Hopefully the next time it will not be under construction.

Have fun on your journey abroad and make it a grand adventure. Take advantage of all that is available to you. My love to Nancy. Stay safe....
Nancy's Aunt Nancy